Vice President Mike Pence and key members of President Donald Trump’s Cabinet participate in weekly Bible studies and prayer gatherings led by former NBA basketball player Ralph Drollinger, founder of Capitol Ministries, CBN News reported.
Drollinger began arranging the study during the Trump team’s transition from the campaign trial to the White House. The mission of Capitol Ministries, which was founded in 1997, is “to make disciples of Jesus Christ in the political arena throughout the world.”
“Our ambitious goal is to deliver the Gospel to every public servant in every capitol every year,” the organization’s 20th anniversary report reads. “We call this our Big Hairy Audacious Goal — our BHAG — and it’s one we embrace with enthusiasm.”
The weekly meetings are hosted by Pence and eight other Cabinet members, CBN noted.
Trump officials who participate in the Bible studies include Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, Energy Secretary Rick Perry, Environmental Protection Agency Secretary Scott Pruitt, CIA Director Mike Pompeo, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson, and Agriculture Secretary Sonny Purdue.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!