“This Lenten initiative is a wonderful way for all of us to celebrate God’s limitless mercy and compassion. We celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation, because it is a celebration of God’s unconditional love,” said Father John Hurley, CSP, Vicar for Evangelization whose department is overseeing this initiative. “As a confessor, I am in awe sometimes for how open people are in these challenging times and all they want to really hear is that God still loves them.”
The campaign focuses on the Sacrament of Reconciliation, also known as Penance or Confession. It is observed on Wednesdays, from 6-8 p.m., in all 54 parishes from February 21 through March 28 in preparation for Easter on April 1. Given parish Holy Week events, Pastors have the option of observing The Light is on For You on March 28.
In the first three years of the campaign, The Light Is On For You has reached an estimated 10,000 people on Wednesdays.
Check out the video above. And read more at the Diocese of San Jose website.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!