Here’s a pretty amazing ad from BBDO New York, with a mystery at its core.
At the outset, we meet Evan, a high school kid who can’t wait for summer break. He’s so bored that he begins etching words into a table in the library. The next day, he finds that someone has written back to him on the table—and there ensues a back-and-forth that’s pretty captivating. Perhaps too captivating.
There seems to be romance building, or at least the hint of it. Who’s been writing back to Evan? And will he ever connect with them?
Watch the ad above, and then read on.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!