When my son was three or four, he used to stand by an open window, waiting for someone to walk by. As soon as he spotted someone, he would shout, “Hey! Hey! Hey!! HEY!!!!”
And as soon as they would look at him, he would shout, “Leave me alone!”
That, in a nutshell, is Lena Dunham’s career thus far; and I predict that this latest flap will disappear without a ripple within the week. We always forgive the people who, one way or the other, make us feel the okayest about ourselves. She is most certainly the celebrity our decade deserves. But more than that, she is clearly a horrifyingly needy and messed up woman, and I am absolutely going to start praying for her as soon as I stop gagging.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!