2. Don’t forget to tune in for Mark Shea’s “Connecting the Dots.” I’ll be co-hosting today, from 5-6:00 Eastern. You can stream the show here. Today is a special day, for today is the first time I typed out “Connecting the Dots” first, rather than “Connecting the Dogs” and then having to correct it.
For goodness’ sake, would it kill you to call in? Someone has to break up me and Mark laughing like hyenas over our own jokes. 1-855-949-1380 We will probably be discussing MLK, Jr. and the prolife movement, why the Pope hates babies and is Satan’s greatest fanboi, and other things along those lines.
3. I discovered a new blog today: The Society of Canadian Catholic Bloggers. This one really made me laugh: Theology of the Body Weekend Well Received.
“There are good guys out there,” said [one participant]. “Men who will love you like Christ does His Church, men who will not give into their selfish desires, but who will serve women as they are meant to.”
“Men need to overcome their sexual desires,” chimed in another. “That was the main theme of the weekend.”
“Where are the men like St. Joseph?” asked yet another young woman to the nods of her gathered friends.
“The best thing about a conference like this is getting all the answers up front. Now I know exactly what to tell my future husband.”
Check out the scarves in the photo. So many scarves! And man, it takes guts to write satire that most people do not realize is satire. The list of things that should Never Ever Be Giggled About is really so very small; but somehow, Theology of the Body makes the list pretty often. Because there certainly isn’t anything funny about a bunch of earnestly horny teenagers sitting in a circle in the church basement, getting so worked up over the beauty of chastity that it sets off the smoke alarms, not to mention all the young women who really, truly expect that their someday husbands can be educated into being St. Joseph.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!