That’s the problem: it’s complicated. Maybe too complicated for any administrative fiat or change in policy to change. As the clergy said to the press in Baltimore, “There’s been a state of emergency way before tonight . . . it’s been a long time coming.” How can we fix this? Not by shouting, “You’re a thug!” “Well, you’re a racist!” over and over again.
We’ve tried nothing, Lord.
Simcha Fisher - published on 04/28/15
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in seven languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!