World Youth Day is around the corner and the anticipation is building as more than 2 million are expected to attend this year. Aleteia is giving you another reason to be excited it present a contest, called #KrakowToRome, that all World Youth Day participants may want to check out:
World Youth Day participants aged 18 and up have a chance to win both international recognition and a trip to Rome if they manage to shoot the best photo or video while there, and share it on social media during the events.
From those finalists, two winners will then be selected — one for photo, one for video — by an international panel of judges, headed in the Photo category by renowned photographer, Wojciech Grzędziński, and in Video category by the film director, Patryk Vega.
In case you’re a little rusty on your camera-work, we’ve also got a sweet set of tips written by one of the judges, Wojciech Grzędziński, to help you do your best. We’re not saying that this is a list of things he will look for in his deliberation, but it couldn’t hurt.
This could be a big opportunity for a young person interested in the business of visual recording and a fun exercise even for people who don’t spend that much time behind a camera.
It would certainly add to the thrill of the experience, particularly if you made a game of it with other WYD attendees — one that encourages you to explore your surroundings and capture the beauty of a moment, instead of catching Pokemon and possibly missing something great. What do you think?
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!