Turning I see two sketchy looking dudes on a bench in the dark. I must have walked right past them…One of them waves, “My man, check over by the blue truck over there we got an onyx earlier…”
Then the cop shows up.
As a millennial who fancies himself a gamer, your correspondent remembers his mother telling him to turn off that game and go outside to get some sun. If you’ve been out in a public place this weekend then you’ve probably seen more young people walking around than usual wandering around playing this game. Is this just a fad or will the streets be forever littered with poke-hopefuls trying to catch them all? What do you think?
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!