One could say that the O’Neals are all-too “real” as they show us what happens when a pastor does not practice what he preaches, and a family does not fully and deeply live its faith. The producers, whether they wish to or not, might actually be doing Catholics a favor by showing us what our lives are like — and what the world sees — when faith is hollow and without substance. It shows us how silly the idea of faith is, if it is not incorporated into every aspect of our lives.
What do you think?
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!