NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to residents of all countries who are at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Aleteia (the “Sponsor”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Aleteia, as final and binding as it relates to the content.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins on September 20, 2018 at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time and ends on October 31, 2018 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entries that are submitted before or after the Sweepstakes Period will be disqualified.
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on Aleteia.org. Participants can enter by providing the entrant’s name and email address.
Limit one (1) entry per person. You may not submit more than one entry by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Aleteia. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Aleteia.
- Prize: The winner will receive a 5 -night trip to Rome, Italy for the winner and one guest that consists of (i) round-trip air transportation from a major airport near the winner’s residence (airport determined by Aleteia.org in its sole discretion); (ii) AirBnB or 2 or 3-star plus hotel accommodation; (iii) round-trip car service between airport and hotel in Rome; (iv) one or more guided sightseeing tour (v) one dinner on the evening of arrival in Rome.
The scheduled arrival day to Rome must be Tuesday or Thursday. No trips may be taken during the following blackout dates: 3/25/19-4/1/19. Reservations are based on availability, and must be booked at least 30 days in advance of intended departure date. Entire trip must be completed no later than 12/31/2019. All travel must begin and end with the same airport. Any penalties or fees associated with changes made to any reservation after confirmation of booking will be the responsibility of the winner. Additional traveling costs including, but not limited to, seat assignments and baggage fees. are determined by the selected airline and will be the responsibility of the winner. Hotel accommodation does not include incidentals, room service, tips, telephone calls, souvenirs, or any other expenses incurred during the trip, not specified here. Winner is responsible for transportation to airport for departure to Rome. All travelers must possess valid travel documents. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No prize substitution, transfer or cash equivalent is permitted except in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Maximum cash value of the prize is $6,000. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Aleteia to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner selection and notification: On or about November 01, 2018, the winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. The Winner will be notified via email to the email address they entered the Sweepstakes with within five (5) days following the winner selection. Aleteia shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Aleteia, anyone acting on behalf of Aleteia or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the world, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: Aleteia reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Aleteia may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Aleteia. Aleteia reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Aleteia has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple newsletter subscription entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Aleteia reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Aleteia. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Aleteia and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF The United States AND New York, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- 13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Aleteia 86 Main St., Yonkers, New York 10701, USA.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Aleteia USA, Inc. 86 Main St., Yonkers, New York 10701.