Let’s begin the new year by placing ourselves in God’s presence and praying these words as a family.
Lord, you’re offering me this New Year
like a stained-glass window to be put together
with 365 pieces of all colors
representing the days of my life.
In it, I will put the red of my love and enthusiasm,
the purple of my sorrows and mourning,
the green of my hopes and the pinks of my dreams,
the blue or the gray of my commitments and struggles,
the yellow and gold of my harvests …
The white will be my ordinary days
and the black for those from which you are absent.
I will cement this with my faith
and my trust in you.
Lord, all I ask you is that, by the light of your presence and the Holy Spirit,
this stained glass of my life be illuminated from within.
Then, through transparency, those I will meet during this year
will discover the face of your beloved Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!