We can feel so helpless in the face of all the problems and crises around us . How can we really change things?
When Jesus appeared to Sister Faustina Kowalska in a vision, He asked her to paint His image while confiding in her, “I present to men a way to come and obtain graces from the source of Mercy. This image with inscription, ‘Jesus, I trust in You!’ is the way.”
We can see how God constantly intervenes in human history to offer courage, strength, to manifest His presence, to tell about His love and to grant prayers. He chooses humble men and women who put their trust in Him and employ the modest means at their disposal: prayers of intersession, praying the Rosary or a novena, a pilgrimage.
The Lord hears the prayer of the humble
So, even if it seems absurd to us in the face of catastrophes we hear about every day, let us accept the invitation of the Church to pray for world peace and unity, and all the suggestions that the Holy Spirit has inspired deep within our hearts. Let us preserve our trust and be steadfast in our prayer, let us implore for grace that God has never stopped bestowing on humanity, let us offer our troubles, and let us believe that God will hear our call. “Lord hears the needy and does not despise his captive people” (Ps. 69).
“Prayer and sacrifice are invincible weapons” said St. Teresa of Avila. Let us keep in mind the words of Jesus: “Surely I am with you always to the very end of the age” (Mt 28:20). Let us use the meager means at our disposal to actively participate in the coming of the Kingdom.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!