Just one small cutting remark can quickly lead to a fight, but there’s a simple solution to help you control your emotions.
Our communications with those around us are rooted in our emotions .The way we interpret the world depends on whether we feel angry, jealous, scared, or loving. We react before we can think and sometimes the lack of control we have over our emotions causes us fly off the handle. In order to better understand the other person, let us take time to analyze our own role in the given situation.
Blind rage and fear are bad advisors. We keep our emotions in check learn how to take a step back and think instead of instantly blowing a fuse. It is better to say: “I feel very disturbed by our conversation and prefer to calm down before we continue.” Thoughtfulness demonstrates our kindness and respect for the others. It is as important as the courtesy we so much enjoy. This is the secret to living in harmony.
Marie-Noël Florant (Marriage counselor)
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!