The COVID -19 pandemic has raised many fears around the world, including financial insecurity. The Bible can bring some answers.
Jesus calls us to worry about other things
First, because of Original Sin, we were born with a natural fear that God won’t take care of us. The hardships we have experienced only feed into it. So, what are we to do? Only love can destroy this mistrust. If you’ve ever seen the movie Titanic, the disaster does not prevent Rose from having hope. In the ocean of materialistic gloom, Jesus can restore us to serenity, pouring love into our hearts through the Holy Spirit.
The second fear Jesus saves us from is our attachment to material goods, a form of greed that needlessly provokes fear. The austerity that life sometimes imposes on us can be a source of great joy! In the face of money troubles, Jesus says something else: “Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well” (Matt.6:33). If we follow this order of things, God gives us plenty, especially Himself.
Father Paul-Marie Cathelinais
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!