Some Christians feel uneasy about evangelization, but it is the best path to spiritual progress.
A source of joy
To spread the message of Christ is to feel the Holy Spirit deep inside us. He parts our lips so we can praise Jesus and acknowledge Him as our Lord. It gives us the courage to approach a stranger and ask: “Do you know Jesus, your Savior?” The Holy Spirit gives us His intelligence and wisdom to speak with tact and inspires us as soon as we call on Him.
Missionary work is an opportunity to let someone learn about the Lord and to be spiritually reinvigorated at the same time. This is why it’s a source of joy. The desire to spread the message of Christ brings us closer to God.
To proclaim the Resurrected Christ
This is why prayer is the driving force behind missionary work — it makes us want to spend more time with the Lord. How can we talk of Him if we don’t know Him? We need to learn more about Him – to nurture our faith, our intelligence – if we wish to touch those we intend to address. Then theology will spread all of its immense treasures before us. We will become a part of God’s plan and see the salvation He has in store for us and the reason why we proclaim the Resurrected Christ.
Spreading the message of Christ is not the ultimate stage in a life of a Christian, it is its essence. It’s a lesson in humility – for our own failings come to light. But it is also a lesson on the sanctity of the faith we proclaim that will only touch the hearts of others if we ourselves put it into practice.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!