To prevent this from happening you need to do this one thing …
When separation leads to apathy
With one as CEO of a big international company and the other an auditor with clients all over the country, the spouses were torn between their professional duties and their responsibilities to each other. Originally, neither Peter nor Mary wished to overburden one another with their personal problems, so gradually they began to lead separate lives, each in their own bubble. But with time, the spouses noticed hey were drifting apart. So, despite their busy schedules they each found time to share their worries and joys with each other. In showing how much they care for one another, they’ve reestablished the close bond that unites them. One of the main secrets for their success is the importance they both attribute to manifesting mutual tenderness and consideration.
Being present in the others life
You don’t need to solve each other’s problems, you just need to show that you are there. Your partner must hear how dear they are to you and how much you love them. This knowledge can go a long way in helping each other overcome problems.
So to restore a loving bond, lavish your spouse with affection, instead of turning a blind eye. Each step you take toward your partner will help him or her to confront difficulties with more confidence. These steps do not need to involve any grand gestures — the small things, like being there for each other, will be enough to preserve your relationship and make it thrive.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!