These words addressed to St. Vincent de Paul are a perfect way to lift up the most impoverished.
St. Vincent de Paul,
apostle and witness to the Charity of Christ:
teach us to love God in deed and truth
and, above all, through those
who are poor and needy
that His Providence places in our path.
Teach us not to look away
from life’s wounded,
but to go to them,
to convert them into our brethren.
Find a heart for us that is tender and compassionate
with the pain and suffering of the poor,
especially the most helpless
and abandoned ones;
teach us to be generous enough
to serve them with the strength of our arms
and the sweat of our brow.
Accompany us in our service to mankind
and intercede on our behalf to the Son of God
who gave his life out of love for us,
so that in our family, our work, our neighborhood,
our parish, and our community,
we can be true witnesses of his Gospel of Love.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!