Fr. Francisco López de Mendoza Grajales (c. 1565)
- First parish priest in St. Augustine, Florida.
Ebyabe | CC BY-SA 3.0
Fr. Andrew White S.J. (1579 - 1656)
- Involved in founding of Maryland colony.
St. Isaac Jogues S.J. (1607 - 1646)
- French missionary who worked among the Iroquois, Huron, and other native tribes. Died a martyr.
Isaacjogues | CC BY-SA 4.0
Fr. Jacques Marquette S.J. (1637 - 1675)
- French missionary who traveled along the Northern Mississippi river.
St. Kateri Tekakwitha (1656 - 1680)
- A holy and devout Algonquin–Mohawk woman who converted to Catholicism.
Fr. Eusebio Francisco Kino S.J. (1645 - 1711)
- Italian missionary in southern Arizona.
St. Junípero Serra (1713 - 1784)
- Franciscan missionary who established many missions in California.
Archbishop John Carroll S.J. (1735 - 1815)
- First bishop of the United States.
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton (1774 - 1821)
- A holy woman who laid the foundation for Catholic schools in the United States.
St. John Neumann (1811 - 1860)
- Bishop who established first parochial school system in the United States.
Discover our best slideshows
These Fourteen Holy Helpers are here to Help!
Incredible photos of St. Therese of Lisieux taken by her sister Celine
What Do the Hand Gestures in Icons Mean?