2 / 5
Bârsana Built in 1711 as part of the Monastery of Barsana, the church was originally built in an area called “Monk’s Hair” by a monk who wanted to give gratitude to God who offered him protection against the plague. It was later moved to its current location on Jbar Hill which used to host a cemetery for plague victims.

© Pylaryx | CC BY SA 3.0 RO