This church, named "Pious Paraschiva,” was built in 1770 in the village of Desești. According to a local legend, a pre-existing church was set on fire during the invasion of the Tartar troops in 1717 leaving locals without a place of worship. The location of the new church was allegedly chosen by throwing an altar stone on the ground a few times until it finally rested upright. The inside frescoes, painted directly on wood, were probably made by master painter Radu Munteanu from the nearby village of Ungureni.
© Nicu Farcas | CC BY SA 4.0