SHRINE OF THE BLESSED FOUNTAIN, LA-ROCHE-SUR-FORON (HAUTE-SAVOIE)
Nicknamed the "little Lourdes of Savoy," the shrine of Blessed Fountain dates back to the 17th century. At that time, popular piety attributed curative virtues to the local spring in the valley. Very quickly, a small oratory was built and, in 1617, 14 miraculous cures were recorded. Two years later, these were confirmed by St. Francis de Sales, which encouraged its popularity. In the 19th century, a new neo-Gothic style church was built near the miraculous spring to accommodate more pilgrims.
© Par Sissssou — Travail personnel, CC BY-SA 3.0,