Italian director sees Che Guevara actor in leading role.
Italian director Daniele Luchetti, known for telling complex on-screen love stories, said had become fascinated by the Pope’s openness on various issues. He would start filming the first film about Pope Francis in Argentina in October, Italian radio has reported.
Luchetti told Italy’s RAI2 public radio he wants to focus on Jorge Bergoglio’s pre-papal years, He said he also plans to make a television series about the Pope.
Asked which actor could play the Pope, Luchetti mentioned Argentine star Rodrigo de la Serna, who played Che Guevara’s friend in the biopic The Motorcycle Diaries.
Luchetti was born in 1960 in Rome. He and his wife, actress Stefania Montorsi, have one son.The director is most famous for his film My Brother is an Only Child, a story of two working class brothers growing up in the 1960s that was shown at the 2007 Cannes film festival.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!