“We are aware of the ALS Association and how it uses — at least in one of its areas of research — embryonic stem cells,” said Father Ronald Lengwin. He said the John Paul II Institute “uses a variety of adult stem cells to find cures and therapies for various diseases…. They do not engage in embryonic stem cell research of any kind.”
Bishop Takes the Ice Bucket Challenge, But…
Premier Dave Hancock
John Burger - published on 08/25/14
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in seven languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!