Documentary film explores the controversy and consolation of Purgatory
What happens after we die?
What do near-death experiences tell us about the afterlife?
Is Purgatory real?
Do we need to suffer to go to Heaven?
Can praying for the dead help?
For centuries Catholic tradition and doctrine has been that Purgatory exists so that souls may go through a final purification after death before they can attain eternal salvation. In this DVD, for the first time, scientists, scholars, historians and church leaders come together to investigate the controversies and consolations of Purgatory.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!