Our lives would be different if only we thought about these things from time to time, and they are so simple and beautiful…
1) We are children of God, and therefore we are ALL brothers and sisters.
2) If you can’t love and forgive, then ask God for that grace, and he will give it to you.
3) If you are truly sorry in your heart, God will forgive you. Go to a priest and ask him to hear your confession. You will leave behind in that confessional a heavy burden that hasn’t let you be happy until today.
4) God wants you to be a saint, because saints are happy. And he wants you to be HAPPY.
5) God has a marvelous plan for you. Abandon yourself in his hands.
6) Jesus is in the tabernacle, in every tabernacle, waiting for you. Go visit him today.
7) God knows that you are basically good inside. And he wants that little plant to grow and flourish in you.
8) We are not alone. God walks with you, your guardian angel watches over your every step, the Virgin Mary looks down on you from heaven and intercedes before her Son for you, and Jesus waits for you in every sacramental confession, in every Eucharist; the saints in heaven pray for you. You are not alone.
9) Your good works have an impact on others.
10) If you offer your work to God every morning, He will bless you and things will go well for you.
11) You feed your body every day, but you allow your soul to deteriorate without the food that it needs to become strong: prayer, good works, helpful spiritual reading, loving your neighbor, the Eucharist… the sacraments.
12) When you hate, you make yourself ill; when you forgive, you heal yourself.
13) Love can do all things, and God, who is Love, can do all things.
14) Trust and pray, and you will see miracles in your life.
15) You cannot imagine how much God loves you. Let him love you; don’t be afraid.
16) Every time you receive Communion, you become a living tabernacle.
17) God wants you to love; he wants you to bring him to other people, and he wants your life to be an example for many people.
18) Your life is a gift. Spend it on something great, something transcendent. Make each minute count.
19) Pray, keep praying, don’t lose heart… God always listens and answers.
20) Trust: God will not abandon you.
21) If you lose hope, pray; if you are tempted, pray; if you can’t find a solution, pray.
22) I have realized that it is true: “Every poor person is Christ.”
23) If you are grateful to God, he will bless you.
24) God loves it when you think about him.
25) Saint Teresa was very right when she said, “The soul is a garden that you have to cultivate.”
26) Your life will be a great adventure when you live for God. I have known many people who left everything to follow God, and who are fully happy.
27) If you pray for others, for those who love you, for those who hurt you, for your neighbors and family members, for the sick, you will see how God hears those beautiful prayers and answers you.
28) God always surprises us with his Love.
29) With God, the best is always yet to come.
30) Take courage! God is with you.
This article was originally published in Aleteia’s Spanish edition. Translated byMatthew Green.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!