“We Must Restore Honor to Marriage and the Family,” Says Pope Francis
© Sabrina Fusco / ALETEIA
Diane Montagna - published on 04/22/15
Sin generates mistrust and division between man and woman. Their relationship will be undermined by a thousand forms of abuse and subjugation, deceiving seduction and demeaning humiliations, even the most tragic and violent. History bears the traces. Consider, for example, the negative excesses of patriarchal cultures.
We think of the many forms of sexism where women was considered to be second-class. We think of the exploitation and commodification of the female body in today’s media culture. But we also think of the recent outbreak of distrust, skepticism and even hostility that is rampant culture — beginning with an understandable distrust by women — of a covenant between man and woman that is capable simultaneously of refining the intimacy of communion and safeguarding the dignity of difference.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in seven languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!