“I had lost faith…” she tearfully tells reporter
This woman, interviewed for ABC 7NY, explains how she totally lost faith and hope after the attacks of September 11, 2001 in lower Manhattan, of which she was an eyewitness. But the pope’s visit to her city this week changed her, as evidenced by the tearful story she told an ABC reporter.
The woman was deeply touched by the inter-religious meeting at the memorial of Ground Zero, where Pope Francis joined representatives of many world religions, calling everyone to hope and peace.
The journalist, moved by the woman’s deep emotion, breaks decorum and offers the woman a hug.
Translated from the Spanish edition of Aleteia
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!