Dutch artist Theo Jansen’s stunning creations are made with plastic tubes and lemonade bottles
“Over time these creatures have become increasingly better at surviving the elements such as storm and water, and eventually I want to put these animals in herds out on the beaches so they will live their own lives,” Jansen said.
For a longer version of Jansen’s creations, visit
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!