A young man demonstrates what can happen when you don’t simply quit
“You build on failure. You use it as a stepping stone…” – Johnny Cash, American songwriter (1932-2003)
Failure is inevitable when we try new things and work to achieve something — in any realm of our lives. Thomas Edison reportedly once said, “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
When we fail, or when our weaknesses are exposed in our attempts to succeed, we can do more than try again — we can trust that God wants to bring something beautiful out of it, with our permission and participation.
This short film brings home the message that beauty can arise from the ashes of failure, and that with a little confidence, trust, and courage, failure can propel us forward, and even inspire us to do something bigger and more amazing. Whatever it is that you’re trying to achieve — in your relationships, work, spiritual life, personal goals — allow God to make something beautiful out of it, even your “failures.”
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!