She’s off to build herself a homestead; let the flourishing commence…
Simcha and I shared time together as part of the early Catholic channel at Patheos, too, and I was thrilled when she came aboard at Aleteia, shortly after Deacon Greg arrived with his blog.
So, while we have never actually met in person, there’s over 10 years of hoeing the same rows in the fields of the Lord.
If you have read her this week, you know that Simcha announced earlier that today’s weekly recipes and life review feature would be her last blog post for Aleteia. Our girl is leaving us to strike out on her own with an independent blog for which she has solid plans and which (I am convinced) will be so successful as to launch Simcha into another sphere, entirely. I believe she’ll be broadening her reader base, honing her speaking and broadcasting skills, and before we know it, she will be a force to be reckoned with. Or should I say, more of a force! A brash and brilliant one.
So, it is with moist eyes I wave to Simcha as she moseys along to her new site and her new future, and I say, “thanks for the long and fun ride, my fine buckaroo! Do not be afraid.”
We will miss her blog, but you’ll still see her features here, each month — but more on that later. For now, we wish Simcha all the best, and much deserved success. Happy trails, gal!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!