She will be testing her athleticism on the new season of ‘Dancing With the Stars’
“I think just generally dancing in heels and dancing with a partner because I’ve never experienced that before. [Sasha Farber] is the first guy I’ve danced with.”
But Biles says she’s in good hands with Farber.
“It’s going good,” she said of her “DWTS” partner. “I think our personalities go well with each other and he’s very patient so I like that.”
It’s hard to imagine this hardened Olympic champion having never had the occasion to dance with a boy before. This is most likely due to the endless hours spent training her body into an gold medal-winning machine.
Biles’ experience in gymnastics will most likely give her a (literal) leg up. In fact, last season’s winner was gold medalist and Olympic team mate Laurie Hernandez, who we’re sure will be around to give Biles tips.
It is with the determination and work ethic of an Olympian that Biles enters, and we couldn’t be more excited to see what she can translate from her floor exercises to the dance floor.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!