“I am close to the families and to all those who are mourning their passing.”
Speaking to the faithful and pilgrims gathered in St. Peter’s Square, after praying the Regina Caeli, the pope said he is “close to the families and to all those who are mourning their passing.”
British investigators are still looking for additional suspects in the May 22 bombing at an Ariana Grande concert that killed 22 people and injured 120, including children. Police have 11 suspects in custody but are looking for other members of the network of attacker Salman Abedi, a 22-year-old British citizen of Libyan descent.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!