Cimorelli excels at making upbeat pop music with Christian themes.
As musicians, Cimorelli continues to mature in their style and subject matter. We especially enjoyed their use of harmony in the background vocals. All six sisters are gifted with fantastic voices, and the familial similarities allow them to seamlessly blend together to create a fantastic sound.
Lauren revealed in an interview with Sweety High that “Hope for It” is her personal favorite song from Alive, stating, “it always pumps me up when I need it.” In the same interview the sisters revealed why it took them so long to release their first album and why their second was released in the same year.
“The reason it took us so long to release an album is because we were signed with a major label and were not in charge of the timing. We waited for five years hoping to release it, and our fans were getting so frustrated. Finally, we decided to become independent artists, and now we’ve released two full-length albums.”
With the drive to release two albums in one year, an engaging sound, and a wholesome style that appeals to a wide-ranging audience, we expect to be enjoying the music of Cimorelli for many years to come.
Follow Cecilia–Aleteia’s music page–on Facebook!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!