Psalm 131: I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a child quieted …
“St. Thérèse of the Child Jesus did that too,” the pope recalled.
That also pleases God, he added, quoting Psalm 131.
That brief psalm says, in part,
O LORD, … I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me. But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a child quieted at its mother’s breast; like a child that is quieted is my soul.
The television program, born of a collaboration between the Secretariat for Communication of the Holy See and the TV2000 television station, is hosted by Fr. Marco Pozza, who is also the chaplain of a maximum security prison in Padua, Italy.
The program is broadcast every Wednesday evening at 9 pm, and will consist of nine episodes. An excerpt from an interview with the pontiff introduces each episode of the show. This excerpt will be broadcast on television on November 1.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!