They’re probably not where you’d think …
The Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (CARA) found that when they took a look at the actual data the highest concentration of Catholic adherents (defined as “those who are known in some way to each Catholic parish or mission in the area”) is found in the Diocese of Fargo, North Dakota. Surprised? We were too.
Here’s a complete list of CARA’s list of counties where Catholic adherents are two-thirds or more of the total population (2010). CARA used data from the U.S. Religion Census, The Official Catholic Directory, CARA’s own databases, and Google Trends.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!