Video of the acclaimed filmmaker’s heartfelt speech at the 69th annual Christopher Awards, along with the evening’s other presentations
Having won seven Christopher Awards prior to this one, he noted that he felt like he grew up at the Christopher Awards and always feels at home with his fellow winners who also produce works that affirm the power of the human spirit.
Burns went on to talk about his approach to history and storytelling, and he also quoted novelist Richard Powers as saying, “The best arguments in the world won’t change a person’s mind. The only thing that can do that is a good story.”
The video of his heartfelt speech is below, followed by the evening’s other presentations: Books for Adults, Books for Young People, Feature Films, and TV/Cable. Many thanks to our Master of Ceremonies, Ernie Anastos, and presenters Elizabeth Vargas, Tony Aiello, Joan Bauer, Jeannie Gaffigan, and Father Jonathan Morris.
Books for Adults:
Books for Young People:
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!