This touching story of three men who reached out in kindness has gone viral.
Howard, who posted about the occasion on Facebook, was out with a couple of friends at Brad’s Bar-B-Que when he decided to go up to the elderly woman and chat with her. He discovered that her husband had died and that their 60th wedding anniversary would have been the following day.
Moved by the lady’s story, Howard offered his condolences and asked the woman to join his table so that they could all eat together. The woman happily accepted the invitation and spent her meal chatting with the group of three men.
The beauty of the story, which has garnered over 214,000 likes, is perhaps a lesson we can learn described in Howard’s own words:
“The point in this is always be kind and be nice to people. You never know what they are going through. This woman changed my outlook on life and how I look at other people. Everyone has a story so do not judge! And people i can’t stress this enough. GO SEE YOUR MOM AND YOUR GRANDPARENTS. They miss you!!”
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!