Look to these humble religious to name your little boy.
Founded by St. Francis of Assisi in the 13th century, the Franciscan order has developed over the centuries with the creation of off-shoots along the way, such as the Order of Friars Minor Capuchin. With the aim of helping the most vulnerable in society, many Capuchins were known for their great preaching and dedication to ministry work, with quite a few having impressive creative skills too.
Although no doubt Francis is a great name in itself — and it works well as a middle name, too — he is not on this particular list as so much is known about him already. But if you click on the slideshow you’ll find other worthy names to inspire your choice!
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!