God saw everything that he had made, and indeed, it was very good. (Genesis 1:31)
I’m forever reminded that every act of creation, including God’s, involves a “yes.” The whole, all-in “yes” of willingness. “Yes, let’s do that, let’s bring that forth.”
But it is especially good to be reminded that the act of creation is the bringer of joy, even when it’s difficult. Watch this baby’s gleeful celebration of creating.
Maybe while God was creating you, he was dancing about and saying to the rest of the world, “Look at this one! Look what I just made! Look at his creativity! Marvel at her compassion!”
Go on, watch the joy and try to resist it.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!