The world has been waiting for the peak, the fall in the numbers, and the end of lockdown, but what if this long wait turned into a transformative experience?
A time to learn about faith and piety
Despite its monotony, the current wait has turned into something of a mystical experience, making us come face to face with the reality of our personal lives. It’s a revelation, helping us to see our potential inner wealth or pointing to problems that prevent us from becoming holier and happier.
Time seems to have frozen as we wait; we are caught between two shores. We can see our future and our past. Having put our projects on hold, we’ve embraced our inner life to take a closer look at ourselves. Thanks to this experience, we are now able to reexamine our past objectives. This wait has the potential to free us from worldly preoccupations, exposing us to faith, prayer, and contemplation.
Time to learn about hope, patience and charity
To take advantage of this wait, let’s remember that while we are inactive, there is still a transformative process taking place deep inside us. It’s normal for it to be accompanied by pain, fear, or defiance. But thanks to it, we will learn the meaning of true hope, how to better perceive and accept the unexpected.
Any waiting process is a gift, an opportunity given to us to grow in patience, kindness, and humility. Let us make something worthwhile with this time and learn how to be more forgiving and charitable. Let us praise the Lord, who never stops surprising us, who consoles and rescues us.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!