When Lennon Picco was born at 24 weeks, his father brought him the only gift he could….music
This simple but touching videos shows Californian father, Chris Picco, singing "Blackbird" to his son, Lennon James Picco, who was delivered at 24 weeks by emergency C-section when Chris' wife Ashley unexpectedly died in her sleep. Pico, a musician, remembered his wife telling him how she would feel Lennon moving to music in utero so Chris brought his guitar into the NICU and played during the last days of Lennon’s life. Lennon died in his father’s arms the day after this video was made.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!