Louis Zamperini left a lasting legacy
Although Zamperini died in the summer of 2014, before seeing the release of the film, his son, Luke has been sharing his father’s story ever since, continuing to spread his father’s message. In a recent interview with Aleteia, Luke tells Zoe Romanowsky what it was like have Louis as a father, the role faith played in their family life, and the legacy his father has left behind:
"He was someone who believed all things work together for good… that there’s an answer for everything. Don’t give up, don’t give in… you have to keep trying and keep fighting…:"
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!