Jesus came to turn grief into joy
He came down to earth from heaven, who is God and Lord of all…
— from the hymn “Once in Royal David’s City”
At at time where countries like France are banning videos that show happy Down syndrome children enjoying life, comes a video of a Nativity play performed by such beautiful children. Interspersed with clips of the performance are excerpts from an interview with a mother of a child with Down syndrome who shares the process she went through coming to accept her child as a true gift from God. She speaks of being inspired by Mary, the Mother of God, who was chosen to bear the Christ-child and surrendered herself completely to God’s will. The video is a reminder that Jesus came to earth to be one with us and to shine light on what we don’t understand.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!