Music for the people to illuminate the soul.
It was an excellent decision for them to shoot the music video in black and white. This allowed them to emphasize the intensity of lights that pop out across a night-time cityscape. The absence of color only adds to the simple accompaniment of reggae bass and guitar, with Hollyn’s voice filling the rest in chorus.
TobyMac has been refining his art for 30 years and it shows in his style. He engages without overwhelming and makes music we want to dance to. His style meshes so well with Hollyn’s, that we sincerely hope that the two will collaborate again soon.
Follow Cecilia–Aleteia’s music page–on Facebook!
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!