Every time Johnathan Crow picks up this special present, the memory of his dad will be with him.
However, before his death John made sure that his son would get the gift he so knew he wanted, a Dean Razorback guitar (a special angular guitar that looks the part for any wannabe heavy metal guitarist).
Having spent a lot of time taking his heavy metal-loving teen son to guitar lessons at their local music shop, John knew this was the gift his son had been eyeing for quite some time. And like all the great dads out there, he did his best to make sure the guitar would arrive on time for Johnathan’s special birthday, ordering it months in advance. Although he didn’t get to give the gift to Johnathan personally, the music store contacted Johnathan’s sister Chandler to say the guitar was there.
Chandler took her brother to the store and captured the poignant moment Johnathan received the birthday card and guitar his dad had organized. The heartbreaking video speaks for itself, demonstrating the father-son bond lasts beyond a lifetime. A father who knew his son’s passions, hopes, and dreams; a father who will be forever present every time Johnathan picks up his guitar. And Jonathan is so grateful for the gift, saying to USA Today: “I was definitely overjoyed that my father gave me one last thing to remember him by,” adding, “I know a lot of kids don’t get that.”
Music has been Johnathan’s way of dealing with his emotions and grief. He said: “It made that sadness go away, it made me more like my father, who I so aspired to be.” Forget guitar hero, John is a true father hero.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!