We go to great lengths to teach our kids prayers, and we can’t help but enjoy it when they pray as only children can.
With all the negativity surrounding us, both in the media and in our lives in general, there’s something so beautiful about the way children answer questions, tell stories, and (perhaps most especially) say their prayers.
As parents, we go to great lengths to teach out kids prayers they can use to develop their relationship with God, and we can’t help but enjoy each and every time they offer those prayers up, as only children can, with all kinds of cute and endlessly hilarious mistakes.
From “Hail Mary, full of grapes…” to “Remember, almost gracious Virgin Mary…,” we took to Twitter to hear all your favorite times your children prayed the darnedest things…
Singing is like praying twice!
The Bible does speak a lot about honey…
Our cute kids’ mistakes transcend language!
The Immaculate WHAT?!
Who uses the word “Paraclete” anymore anyway?
And you thought God was just three persons…
The most important meal of the day!
Blessed is he, who comes in the name of pasta…
On eagle’s wings…
This isn’t a vegetarian’s prayer…
When you’re proud of the work you did to get the food on the table…
What are some of the funniest misspoken prayers you’ve heard from the young ones in your life? Let us know in the comments section!
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!