Well, not exactly. But you’ll get the funny idea.
Explaining them in detail would require a long treatise on the history of the orders of the Catholic church and the different charismas that have been born in its bosom in the last two millennia. But since the internet’s attention span is said to last only eight seconds, memes and infographics have become our best allies to explain somehow elaborate ideas in often humorous images. Thank God for memes.
Now, the following slideshow, following the already famous meme on economy explained with two cows, uses not two but one single cow to explain the specific charismas of eleven different Catholic religious orders, institutes and congregations. Sure, the explanations might be quite simplistic, but they somehow hit the spot.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!