“All our times are in Thy hand. All diseases come at Thy call, and go at Thy bidding.”
God allows difficulties to occur, knowing that he is able to work them together for our greater good, though it is not always easy to see this at first. At the same time, God is a God of healing and will often extend his healing touch when he hears our cries and prayers, delivering us from the suffering we endure.
Just as he healed many during his life on earth, he continues to heal countless souls from his heavenly throne. Below is a simple yet powerful prayer for the healing of a loved one.
All our times are in Thy hand. All diseases come at Thy call, and go at Thy bidding.
Thou redeemest our life from destruction, and crownest us with loving kindness and tender mercies. We bless Thee, that Thou hast heard prayer, and commanded deliverances for our friend and Thy servant, who has been under Thine afflicting hand.
He (or she) was brought low, but Thou hast helped him (her). May he (she) not only live, but declare the works of the Lord!
As Thou hast delivered his eyes from tears, his feet from falling, and his soul from death, may he daily inquire: What shall I render unto the Lord for all his benefits towards me, and resolve to offer unto Thee the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and to call upon the name of the Lord.
May we ever remember that recovery is only a reprieve and that someday we will go to our rest in the Lord. May we therefore secure the righteous path and live with eternity ever in our view.
Looking for more prayers? Check out our page of “Prayers for a Particular Need.”
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!