The top five cities have one thing in common that we can copy no matter where we live.
No matter where you live, the message is: Don’t just cue up a workout video — call a friend, grab a lonely neighbor, or recruit the whole family and get outside moving and doing together.
Here’s a countdown of the Top 5 Fittest Cities. You can get more info on the annual survey, see where your city falls, and find out how they were ranked here on the ACSM’s website.
5. Portland, Oregon
Eighty-five percent of residents live within a 10-minute walk to a park — it also has the most dog parks in the nation, so your favorite pet can stay in shape too.
View this post on Instagram
I just love my pink squishy ball! 🐾🐾🐾 • #labradoodle #pnwwonderdogs #portlanddogs #dogphotography #doodle #doodlelove #doodlesofinstagram #doodlelife #oregondoodles #portlandoregon #ilovemydog #dogsofportland #oregondoodles #labradoodlesofinstagram #dogsofportlandoregon #portlanddogphotographer #elizabethhitephotography #portlandpetphotographer #portlandoregon
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!