This is a reminder of what our soldiers sacrifice for us, every day.
His wife, Haley Brooks, gave birth to their daughter, Millie, while he watched on his phone, eventually bursting into tears.
Tracy Dover, another traveler in the same airport, posted the story on Facebook, saying, “When we heard the baby cry, we all rejoiced for him. I wanted to share this because I never want us to forget about our soldiers who serve us everyday and the sacrifices they make.”
The onlookers had a temporary window into these sacrifices that our soldiers make for us every day. Lindsey couldn’t be there in person, but, thanks to the miracles of technology, he could still take part.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!